Sunday, November 13, 2005

Things happening in the world...

I figured I should at least give an opinion on something going on in the world...something that is of more import than my phone line or laundry...

So I'll pick the bombings in Jordan. Awful story...one newly married couple lost both fathers (groom's and bride's fathers were both killed in the blast). The groom said that this is not Islam, not what they do. But if you look at who is doing the bombing of innocent (mainly Muslim) people, it's other Islamists. They are killing their own people and the more moderate ones are not yet stepping up to the plate to make them stop. Or at least to denounce what they are doing. It's not enough for us (our government) to say it's the fascist wing of Islam that is doing this; the Muslims must do this themselves.

I think we are starting to see some of that in Iraq. And especially in the other Iraq - Kurdistan. If you haven't watched these commercials, go here to see them. It is wonderful to see people that we are helping say thank you. I know that's not why we freed them, but I am glad that we are getting some credit as opposed to a bunch of crap from people (US media, French, Germans, the left).

No comments: