Monday, March 27, 2006

Churches I've attended

Found this list at Cerulean Sanctum and thought it would be interesting. So here are the churches I've attended in my life:

  • Community Church in Edina, MN (1969-1973)
  • Lafayette-Orinda Presbyterian Church in San Francisco, CA (73-74)
  • La Jolla Presbyterian Church in La Jolla, CA (74-75)
  • Wellshire Presbyterian Church in Denver, CO (75-82)
  • Roswell Presbyterian Church in Roswell, GA (82-86)
  • Wellshire Presbyterian Church in Denver, CO (86-88)
  • St. Olaf College Chapel (ELCA) in Northfield, MN (88-90)
  • Emmaus Baptist Church in Northfield, MN (90-92)
  • Collegiate Presbyterian Church in Ames, IA (92-94)
  • Shallowford Presbyteran Church in Atlanta, GA (94-present)

So that is 9 in 36 years. And as you can see, not much range in denomination. The St. Olaf Chapel and Emmaus Baptist were while I was in college (at St. Olaf) and there wasn't a Presbyterian church in the area. I was in grad school at Iowa State in Ames and was involved in the Presbyterian Church there.

Now, due to what's going on in the PCUSA, I might change denominations. The Evangelical Pres Church looks good - that's what my parents have just joined. But there aren't any in my area. Right now, I'm just enjoying being in a church for longer than 3-4 years. It's a grace-filled church and I love the people and the pastor. So until there is a final straw, I will stay here and stay involved.

No comments: