Wednesday, March 22, 2006

And I thought my house was a mess...

I like watching those shows about people that have so much stuff that they need professional help getting rid of old magazines, furniture and stuffed animals (Clean Sweep, etc.). It makes me feel like I'm doing pretty well. And while I can't say I don't have stuff from elementary school (field day ribbons, homework & books), at least I can walk through my house without tripping over boxes and books. By necessity, I have cleaned out quite a bit in the last few years (otherwise hubby would have nowhere to put his stuff...)

And I thought I'd seen some amazing episodes of Clean Sweep where people can't even walk into their master bedroom & spare room because of all the clothes, paperwork, and memorabilia. However, this takes the cake. (It has lots of pictures so it might take a while to load. And just scroll down past the request to register.) She has boxes of stuff from ebay that she hasn't even opened! I cannot imagine living like that! And if you don't have time to read the whole thing, you might miss the fact that she doesn't sleep in a bed because there's no room for it. She sleeps on the couch - 2/3 of a couch, since the other 1/3 is full of stuff. This woman needs serious psychological help.

It makes me want to take a day or two off of work to do a thorough spring cleaning...

Hat tip: Ace

No comments: